THE LOFT BLADE FR 2015
is an ultra-competitive design in international Formula racing, powering Gonzalo Costa Hovel to podium positions in the 2013 and 2014 Formula World Championships. Dennis Littel won the Dutch national Formula title 7 years running with his Blade FRs. Fernando Martinez won the Spanish Formula Championships 2014 with his Loftsails Blade FRs.
Loftsails Blade FRs combine optimized upwind ability with powerful drive for speed on deep downwind legs.
Blade FRs are unique:
- Internal Kevlar strip applications that define shape profile and maintain shape stability- vertical and horizontal (at cams) orientation.
- Alternate side batten pocket applications with xply pockets(centered battens).
- ITS Internal Batten Tensioning System: top 3 all-carb tube battens with the batten tensioners located at the front, behind the mast. Weight optimization for extreme leech response.
- Teckam2s - simple, functional, light, adjustable, durable. 4 Large Teckam2s installed in each Blade FR size.
- Metallic cam interfaces.
- Blade FRs are engineered with 100% carbon tubed battens in specific locations.
- Blade mast pocket construction: Equalized loading between the mast panel (interior) and the pocket (exterior). The result is tensioned, firm mast pockets and exceptional durability.